Main Street Pops & The Hoboken Business Alliance
The Wild & Scenic Film Festival
Outdoor Earth Day Celebration
Saturday, April 30th 2022
3:00pm – 10:00 pm
770 Jackson Plaza, Hoboken, NJ
Main Street Pops and The Hoboken Business Alliance Present The Wild &Scenic Film Festival and Outdoor Earth Day Celebration 2022. This all-day, in person, outdoor community event will include a free “Inspiring Adventure” film screening and lots of dynamic activities for all ages!
DAYTIME PROGRAM- Earth Day Festival!
Green Artisan Market with local sustainable and up-cycled vendors
- LIVE MUSIC featuring The Demolition String Band
- Nature-themed art classes for all ages with Urban Arts
- Ocean-themed craft project with Sea Smart
- 4, 5 & 6pm- Live snake, lizard and bird shows with The NJ Snake Man
- Live Beekeeping Demonstration with The Weehawken Bee Club
- Book readings of Eco the Elephant at 4,5 & 6pm
- Earth-themed face painting
- Outdoor Adventure-themed exercise demos with Jane DO
- Learn more about Frogs are Green books & their 13th Annual International Kids Art Contest
- Composting 101 with Shoot For Sustainability
- Live Earth-Inspired Chalk Art By Artist Ezenwa
Activities requiring sign up:
- Jane DO Green, Breathe Clean Trampoline Class @ 3pm, 720 Monroe St.($10 fee)
Register Here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/309878142867
- Urban Arts workshops using natural elements at 3,4,5,& 6 pm (limited spots- ages 4+)
Register Here: https://urbanartsnj.com/workshops-2-2/
This all leads up to the MAIN EVENT….
The Wild & Scenic Film Festival!
EVENING PROGRAM- Free Film Screenings!
Outdoors at 7th & Jackson Park, Hoboken, NJ
(From 7-10 pm)
7pm: Local Highlight –
Hoboken’s Branding Shorts’ award-winning film, “Mile in the Eye”, a local film about Hoboken’s response to the COVID pandemic.
- A film panel moderated by Mile Square Theatre Founder Chris O’Connor with locals featured in the film; Mayor Bhalla and Melissa Gigante of the Hoboken Police Department, plus the filmmakers from Branding Shorts.
- This will be followed by a special screening of the short film.
8pm: “Inspiring Adventure” Film Screening-
- Featuring a 90- minute collection of uplifting and beautiful short films that illustrate the Earth’s Beauty, the challenges facing our planet, and the work communities are doing to protect it.
Watch Teaser Trailer Here!
About the National Festival:
The 20th Annual Wild & Scenic Film Festival inspires environmental activism and a love for nature-through film. With over 200 On Tour events each year across the country, WSFF shares an urgent call to action, encouraging audiences young and old to celebrate our earth and learn more about what they can do to save our threatened planet.
Main Street Pops is proud to be a National Tour Host for the third year.
Thank you to our sponsors!
All suggested ticket donations will go to:
For more information visit wildandscenicfilmfestival.org.