Hoboken, NJ Pop-Up
Earth Day Celebration and Folk & Bluegrass Festival
April 23, 2023
April 23, 2023
The Hoboken Business Alliance
Earth Day Celebration
Folk & Bluegrass Festival
Sunday, April 23rd, 2023
11:00am – 4:00 pm
770 Jackson Plaza, Hoboken, NJ
This FREE, family friendly, open air event will showcase green local businesses, artisans and engaging green and nature-themed activities for all ages.
As an exciting new addition, this year will feature the first annual NJ Folk & Bluegrass Music Festival showcasing the area’s most talented musicians!
As NJ’s first LEED certified city, Hoboken is the perfect place for this event celebrating Mother Earth and promoting sustainable living.
LIVE FOLK & BLUEGRASS CONCERT all day
Hyper Local Green Businesses
NJ Snake Man Animal Encounters
Nature-Inspired Art Activities
Fitness Class Demonstrations
And So Much More!!
NJ Folk & Music Festival :
- 11:00am – The Dirty Water Dogs – gospel, in the bluegrass tradition
- 11:30am – Hoboken School of Rock
- 12:30pm – Brendan Hartnett – singer/guitarist playing traditional and original folk
- 1:00pm – Demolition String Band – local legends, Boo & Elena weave their rustic harmonies
- 2:00pm – ALEOfolk Community Jam – bring your instrument and join them!
- 3:00pm – Davey and the Trainwreck – original music by a few of Hoboken’s Sons celebrating the point where folk became electric!
- 11-4pm- Engaging nature-themed activities for all ages
- RainbowFamily – Upcycled yarn craft
- Girl Scouts – Bird Feeder Craft & Lantern Fly education
- Urban Arts En Plein Air art class (registration closed)
- Free Community Art Project – Work with art educator and artist Elizabeth McParland to create a Plastic Pollution Totem by using laundry detergent jugs and bottle caps to create characters to be stacked and displayed as totem poles.
- Textile recycling drive -Bring all of your unwanted clothing and textiles for recycling.
- 11-1:30 -Meet Prime Cycle
- 11am -KenPilates
- 11am – My Gym (young children)
- 11am – The Studio – Beginner Jazz
- 12pm – Crossfit Hoboken with Ben – Family session! (adults & children ages 6-12)
- 12pm- Sage Map Sound Bath Meditation & Susan Tee Chair Yoga (Teen-Seniors)
- 1pm – Mess Method (Barre)- BYOMat and sneakers are suggested.
- 1pm – F45
- 1:30-3:30 – Meet GoRowStudios
- 2pm – The Fit Club- Strength & cardio circuit using bands and body weight.(Adult) BYO Mat
- 2pm – Prime Cycle & Fitness– Cardio Kickboxing
- 2pm – Urban Souls- Energy Medicine (Teen-Seniors)
- 3pm – Yoga Renew with Alex Plante – BYO Mat (Teen-Adult)
- 3pm – Wolfpack Fitness ( Adult)
Check out last year’s event here:
Thank you to our sponsors!